Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney in Fresno, CA
Let Us Help You File for Chapter 7 in Fresno County
If you're buried in debt and can see no light at the end of the tunnel, it may be time to consider filing for bankruptcy. For those living in Fresno and the surrounding areas, Fear Waddell, P.C. is a great place to start. Our Fresno debt relief lawyers are problem solvers through and through. We will explain all of your options for getting out of debt and help you identify the one that suits you.
Reasons To Choose Our Fresno Law Office
- Extensively Experienced Lawyers
- 1,000+ Bankruptcy Cases Successfully Handled
- Free Consumer Case Consultations Provided
- Board Certified Legal Professionals
About Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
The most straightforward form of bankruptcy is known as Chapter 7. Chapter 7 is typically preferred because you are able to disregard your debt without having to make payments. There is no limit to the amount of debt you need in order to qualify. In exchange for the liquidation of your non-exempt assets, it can provide the near total elimination of debt in just a few short months. To determine which assets are exempt and which assets are not, the state of California uses two exemption systems. The filer must choose which of the two to use. Generally speaking, System 1 is a better fit for those with substantial home equity, and System 2 makes more sense for those whose wealth lies elsewhere.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Eligibility
There are many requirements when it comes to eligibility for filing Chapter 7:
- You must be an individual, a spouse, or a business entity (partnership, corporation, or limited liability company).
- You must pass the "means "test". This determines if your monthly income exceeds the California state median and if your disposable income falls below a certain level. If you do not pass, Chapter 13 may be an option.
- You must complete a credit counseling course 180 days before filing.
- You must pay the filing fee to the Bankruptcy Court.
What Are the Benefits of Filing Chapter 7?The advantages of Chapter 7 include:
- Freeing yourself from major debts in as little as 3 months
- Halting foreclosure
- Stopping creditor harassment in its tracks
- Keeping your house and car
- Getting a chance to rebuild your credit score
Tell us about your particular situation in a free consumer case evaluation and we can get back to you with helpful advice.
Retain Our Experienced Bankruptcy Attorneys Today
Fear Waddell, P.C. employs the skills of two attorneys who are certified specialists in bankruptcy law by the State Bar of California. When it comes to getting out of debt as quickly and efficiently as possible, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone better. We have filed more than 1,000 Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases in the last ten years. If you're ready to join the ranks of those we've freed from the overwhelming burden of debt, call us today!
Board Certified Bankruptcy Attorneys
Free Consumer Consultations
1,000+ Bankruptcy Case Filings
Decades of Combined Legal Experience